Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Semester's Work Complete

Bonjour à tous,

Well there’s not much exciting or new to report (this will be short!)

Made it through my last week of classes and my final exams –really bizarre to think that my next class will be at Colby! I will definitely need to mentally prepare myself for the work load there; I have been spoiled this semester! Forcing myself to sit in my room and study was beyond painful. I am clearly getting sad about my fleeting moments left in France and I just want to fully appreciate everything here.

This past Sunday was quite unfortunate, probably the biggest “low” of the semester – I got the stomach flu. It caught me completely off guard and it was absolutely disgusting. I won’t go into details but my host family is saint-like for still loving me after that night. My host mom has been taking really good care of me. I am much better now thanks to lots of sleep, fluids, and gross medicine. I don’t think I’ve ever been this sick away from home, so I guess it was nice to at least have a mother-figure to look after me (as opposed to dealing with this at Colby – the horror!)

Thursday (tomorrow) night is our goodbye dinner! It’s at a really nice restaurant in Dijon, and all of the Colby students and host families will be attending. I just can’t believe the goodbye dinner has actually come! A few of the Colby students (including me) are singing some Christmas carols in English and in French, hopefully it will go well! I really miss singing and I can’t wait to sing again with my a cappella group at school (Love to all of my Colbyettes!)

That’s all for now! I miss and love all of you. The thought of seeing you all again will be my only incentive to pack! Uhg.

À bientôt,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment