Saturday, December 18, 2010

An Extended Stay in Dijon

Well, this was supposed to be my "farewell" post, but I guess I will have to postpone that for a few more days. I packed everything and was ready to go when I found out tonight that my flight had been cancelled due to snow in Paris. I probably should have seen this coming, but I was still in shock. It's really hard for me to leave places and transition and it takes a lot of mental preparation. I always end up making a big deal out of goodbyes, so when "goodbye" is not actually "goodbye," I'm a little thrown off. But maybe this is just my frustration speaking. Really, I am a very lucky person, because I am still with my host family in Dijon. It's not like I'm stuck in an airport, so life could be a lot worse. Plus, of all places to be stuck, I'm in France, so I'm going to really appreciate these last few days.

So: the plan is to fly out Thursday the 23rd (this was the next available flight). Crossing my fingers and praying that I'll be home for Christmas. I am happy in Dijon, but I really miss home now.

À bientôt,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment